Terms and Conditions
1. The balance of the account is payable in full before the first class. Payment is by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Payment in smaller instalments is only by arrangement with the office. There is a discount for siblings and multiple classes. Pupils’ names must be written on the back of all cheques and cash payments must be placed in a sealed envelope with the invoice return slip.
2. Half a terms written notice or payment in lieu is required if you wish to withdraw your child from classes at SBSD. Failure to do so will result in half a terms fee being charged.
3. Fees are subject to an annual increase in January.
4. Fees are NON REFUNDABLE. There are no refunds for missed classes. In the unlikely event of a class cancellation due to poor weather, illness or other forces majeure, the individual class fee will be deducted from the following terms fees.
5. Shoshana Burns School of Dance uniform is compulsory for all classes. New pupils must purchase the correct uniform within 3 weeks of beginning classes. All uniform is available to order from the office. If pupils persist in coming to class inappropriately dressed, the teacher will inform the parent and has the right to exclude the pupil from class. Hair must be tied back and jewellery kept to a minimum.
6. Please ensure that your child goes to the toilet before class to avoid disruption.
7. Parents are not permitted to watch classes unless invited. This is for child protection and health and safety reasons.
8. Please keep your belongings with you at all times and do not bring items of value to class as SBSD will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to property.
9. SBSD endeavours to ensure your children are in a safe and comfortable environment. On some timetable days the front door will be kept locked for security.
10. Parking is available on site. Please drive carefully and park considerately.
11. Please ensure any changes to students’ details are provided in writing to the office. All information is kept in the strictest confidence and will not be passed on to outside parties.
12. We expect all SBSD students and their families to behave with discipline and respect on site, particularly towards members of staff. Bad language and inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to request the removal of any student from any class at any time for breaches of discipline.
13. SBSD does not discriminate on background, race or religion.
14. It is often necessary for staff to use physical contact when helping to improve students’ posture or assist in movement.
15. Mobile phones are not permitted inside the studios.
16. Smoking is not permitted in or around the building at any time.
17. Pets may not be brought onto the premises.
18. Exam payments must be received 12 weeks prior to the exam date along with up to 4 compulsory extra lesson fees. Failure to do so will result in your child being withdrawn from his/her exam.